Dear hockey boy and your bff,

I've known you both since we were snotty 6 year olds playing on the elementary school field. I dated you in high school and even though we broke up there were no hard feelings. Now, we've been messing around for a few months on and off and I was pretty sure you were just my "movie partner" and nothing more. The night you weren't able to show up and your bff was bartending WAS going to suck without you there. Of course, quite unexpectedly, I fell for bff and ended up spending the night at his place, where we did nothing but cuddle despite other inclinations because neither of us would do that to you. I decided to do the right thing and tell you the truth: I've kind of fallen for your bff and we should probably lay off the sex for a while since, well, its wrong for me to be sleeping with you AND crushing on him.

Despite my clearly updstanding intentions and commendable respect for you and the truth, you are no longer talking to me. I feel like shit, and bff obvs. has to take care of you first before we can hang out again. I understand ALL of this. Now I'll probably lose our friendship, you'll be too upset to let bff and I hang out, and I will be left without my "movie partner" and no chance at a shot with the new crush.

Here's hoping that you'll see that I did an incredibly hard, but well intentioned thing by telling you and that everything will work out for all of us.

Hating the love triangle,
st

p.s. Thanks truth, who knew you'd turn out to be such a bitch.

No comments: