Dear Charlotte,

I am becoming increasingly aware of the fact that you are being infiltrated by yankees and I am not thrilled about it. As a Carolina girl by birth, it angers me to see that all of a sudden a plethora of guidos have changed their views of the south from seeing us as backwards, cousin marrying folk to now finding it an acceptable place to settle down due to the kind hearted people and the marvelous weather. Duh.

The yankees have brought with them the crazy drivers, harsh accents, an affinity for New York sports teams, a hankering for curse words, and worse- their offspring.

The last time I checked, you were the Queen City, not Brooklyn. I'm just trying to look out for your best interests. Have you considered the Great Wall of Charlotte?

I mean, whatever it takes.

Irked,
G

No comments: