Dear "Christians",

I swear. I drink. I occasionally dabble in the reefer. I make fun of people. Sometimes I don't respect my parents.

Guess what, I'm not perfect. SURPRISE! Neither are you.

Romans 7:19 "For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing."

You know how it is.

If you could kindly stop judging me, I'd really appreciate it though, because I would like to get back to my faith which I have been neglecting for years because I was too scared to go back church and face people like you. If what you're trying to do is get me "saved"
(if you knew me it at all, you would know i already am), know that you are prohibiting me from doing so by blocking the doors with people who immediately write me off for the lifestyle choices I;ve made instead of my character, faith, or heart.

If you're perfect, by all means, cast the first stone. If not, spread the biblical word, which is Love. Pure and simple.

Last time I checked "love" was the opposite of judgement.

Love,
A

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

perfectly said.

faith isn't dictated by the hours you log at church & your ability to recite the bible. it's incredibly personal and nobody has the right to make you feel inferior.

so, all in all... amen, A.

Anonymous said...

thanks for the support. :)

we're all in this together, right?

Anonymous said...

Through my short time on Earth, I have found only several constants. And one of them is that it's really hard to get along with hypocrites.

Faith is for smart people.

Religion is for idiots.

Flame on.

trey said...

it sucks that you've come into contact with the Christians are like that, but I promise not all are. I grew up in church (and actually left because of the hypocrisy, so I know where you're coming from) but some of the most amazing people I know proudly call themselves Christians and are so aware of their own mistakes... which is supposed to be an integral part of the whole "Christianity" deal.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I totally agree. I also know better than to make a blanket statement about the entire religion. When I said "Christians" I was not talking about Christians in general (I should have been more clear) I was addressing a sect of people who claim to be what the Bible stands for, but live their lives without a concentration on love free of judgement, constantly trying to "save" people for their own glorification, and too caught up in saving face in the Christian community to put emphasis on their own personal relationship with God(pretty much the only important thing).