Dear Co-Worker,

You are SO effing condescending to me it makes me want to puke. I know that I'm cute and perky and my boobs are big and that I was blonde when I was first started working here, and I know that I'm just the receptionist/office bitch...but I really don't need to hear, "Well bless your heart!" every time I SOMEHOW manage to press 'start' on the copier, or bring you your mail, or take down messages while you are out at lunch. I get paid - and decently, I might add - to do those things for you, so I don't need a pat on the head and a doggie biscuit for doing my job. Believe it or not, I did graduate with an actual degree, from a pretty good school. I am smart and capable, and no, bringing people coffee and sorting mail is NOT what I plan on doing for the rest of my life. So please refrain from addressing me like I'm a five year old with a lobotomy. THANKS.

Also, My Face Is Not Located On My Chest - Just Sayin',
CF

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The phrase "bless your heart" makes me want to rip the other person's heart out of their chest and feed it to them.

BlondieBlueDF said...

Argh CF! I know the feeling. spit in the coffee. ;) And remember this feeling when you advance up in the world and kick serious ass - be nice to the little people! rootin' for you from nyc.
blondie

Ivonne said...

I HATE being the receptionist/office bitch. My boss is the same way and i despise him with a passion. Except for that holiday dinner when he did tequila shots with me.

Anonymous said...

I say we start a coalition: Receptionists Against Patronization (RAP). Meetings are everyday after work at the local happy hour/karaoke joint.