Dear theshapeofamother.com,

Browsing you has left me with an intense mix of emotions. The logical side of my brain tells me to run, screaming, saving myself from extreme physical morphing by refusing to ever become impregnated. On the other hand, the woman side of my brain wants to bawl looking at these photos of precious babies and what women go through to bring life into this world, and leaves me thinking that it will be a great day when I join the ranks of all of these brave mothers. One thing, however, is for sure. You will become a valuable tool for me to use later in life. If I should ever marry and decide to have babies, I will force my husband to peruse you for hours looking at picture on top of picture of stretch marks, pooched bellies and sagging breasts until he is fully aware of what he is in for. As he is viewing these photos, I will make him swear to love me and continue to have sex with me after my stomach is stretch-marked, my boobs hang to my waist, and our offspring is crying in the next room. I realize that this is jumping the gun as I am currently single with absolutely no men in a 100 mile radius that even come close to qualifying as father material. But, it's still nice to know that I have you in my back pocket.

Considering adoption,
G

No comments: